Don’t you just love organizing parties for those you care and love? Well, coming up with a brilliant pug birthday idea is no different. Pugs are sweet and cuddly little creatures which easily blend into the whole family. Celebrating your family’s “baby” thus, come naturally with the adoration and dedication. When it comes to preparing an enjoyable birthday party for your four-legged fuzzy pal, here are some ideas to get the fun started.
- Always take your guest list and location seriously. Before you go agog on decors, treats and other fun pug birthday ideas, it is important to take your choice of location into serious consideration. Keep in mind your guest lists and their dog breeds. Remember that you will need a larger space for, say, a party of 10 small breed pets to 10 large ones. Some prefer doing it in a nearby park or their own backyard. Keep in mind also certain community rules and policies.
- Have a theme. Like any other birthday parties, your little raunchy BFF and its guests will most likely want to come in their own fashionable outfit, too. A theme will also be your guide on what decor, games, party favors, cake, and so on will be. Think about American Idol, goth, Pug Princess, or perhaps, an elegant tea party. Summer birthday parties almost always end up with a luau or a simple pool party.
- Of course, cake! One of the central part of any birthday soiree is the blowing of the cake. Here, it is important to choose ingredients that its guests can safely digest. Look for a dog-friendly shop near you or bake one on your own. Do remember to offer cakes or mini-cakes to human guests, too.
- Dog treats must also be carefully decided upon. Think of mini pies, muffins and cakes. Biscuits in huge batch can be bought from Amazon or you may bake it on your own. Design them with pug-friendly icing and you will be amazed at how fast these treats go poof! For a glamorous birthday, there are also gourmet shops popping out these days serving s’mores, hotdog biscuits, and lollipups. Do check with guests beforehand (an RSVP perhaps) to check on dog allergies.
- Ice cream and popsicles are welcomed, too. Even more so when a birthday party takes place during the dog days of summer. But always have plenty of fresh water handy though. Pugs are pesky pets and they easily succumb to dehydration, too.
- A photo booth is another fun pug birthday idea. Dog owners would want something memorable to take with them as souvenirs. Without a doubt, selfies abound on their smartphones and tablets but nothing still beats the presence of photo booth pictures perfectly framed on their dressers or armoires.
- Do remember to have lots of fun with agility. If there’s one thing dog loves, it’s playing out in the field. You can rent agility equipment or buy from retail sites like Target or Amazon. These can be used later for competition training or for learning new tricks.
- Games! Hire someone who knows their way around dogs. You can check out from the local shelter for experienced dog whisperers. They can help come up with fun and wild games for everyone to enjoy.
- Why not do a talent show? If your pug has special tricks, learn to showcase these to its guest. You may also ask guests to participate to make the party feel like a doggie talent show. Simply have prizes, tiara, and sash ready to give credit to those who participated. Have it videotaped then, share online to give others an excellent pug birthday idea, too.
- Splash Island, anyone? For pug birthdays that fall during the dog days of summer, setting up a mini splash island will definitely be a blast! Simply set kiddie pools or find a dog-friendly pool side or beach property to accommodate everyone. There is nothing more enjoyable to dogs than playing and cooling off in crystal waters.
Overall, the focus of your pug birthday idea should be on two things-- fun and safety. While the above aspects point to fun and enjoyment, it is also imperative to remind guests not to leave their pets unsupervised. Disagreements between pooches can easily turn into a rumble. It may also be wise to hire someone to keep watch. Also, don’t forget to provide poop bag dispensers to guarantee zero “accidents” which may dampen the fun-filled festivity.